Saturday 15 December 2012

Potential Band Names

I have brainstormed some ideas for the name of the fictional band for who my music video is for as well as album titles for the digipak/poster release. Brackets indicate the source of inspiration and bold indicates my final choice.

Band names:
Aurora (Foo Fighters song)
Columbia (Oasis song)
Flashbax (Oasis song)
The Magic Bus (Who song)
Eminence Front (Who song)
February Stars (Foo Fighters song)

Album Titles:
The Time has come again (Last Shadow Puppets song)
Work is the curse of the drinking classes (Famous quote)
Turn up the sun (Oasis song)
The Morning son (Beady Eye song)
Wigwam (Beady Eye song)
Dead and gone (Black Keys song)
Beetlebum (Blur song)
To the End (Blur song)

My chosen band name is Eminence Front, I like this firstly because it is not some generic overused name with "The" placed before it, this gives it more character immediately also the meaning of the phrase Eminence Front is about pretentiousness and the way people try to hide their feelings and put on a front this ties in well with my song choice "Temptation greets you like a naughty friend".

No comments:

Post a Comment