Tuesday 29 January 2013

Final Ancillary Text - Digipak

Posted below is what I have come up with for my ancillary Digipak, To keep a consistent theme throughout my video, digipak, poster and website I am keeping the snow theme and colour scheme of white/black/grey this helps with looking professional and links the texts which in turn gives a stronger marketing campaign.

Firstly the album cover:























Rear of the album:





















I have also made in Adobe Photoshop an example of how the images would fit into the digipak.

Below is the outside view:















And finally the inside of the digipak:

My digipak follows the industry conventions by having the band's name and album name on the front with a track listing on the rear, I have "released" my album on the now defunct Creation records which was an indie label which at its peak had artists such as Primal Scream and Oasis on its books. I have tried to keep a consistent smart look throughout, the name of the album is Turn up the sun which is a song by Oasis but links to the theme of snow with the idea of the hotter the sun gets the snow obviously melts. Inside the digipak there is 2 cd trays; one for the album and one for a Dvd, In the centre of the digipak I have included a content listing displaying what is on each disc, I have tied in my music video to the digipak by listing the the video as a feature on the Dvd, also I have placed the bands web address on the digipak to direct fans to the site were more merchandise/tickets and news can be found.

Examples of album art in Itunes:



No comments:

Post a Comment