Wednesday 2 January 2013

Influential media texts

My music video to "Temptation greets you like a naughty friend" is going to have a lot of inter-textual references, many of which draw on the idea of colour connotations, and the meanings of these within my context. I have an  idea to place scenes from the film Submarine very feint/transparent in certain parts of my video to link meanings such as danger/temptation/love/lust. As I am filming in the snow I think my female  models bright red hat will contrast well with white scenery and dark trees, some good examples of these could be Little red riding hood with the images below showing the effect, this reference would represent "temptation" a large part to the narrative of my video and linked to the song "Temptation greets you like a naughty friend". The Submarine references and clips would represent/connote love/lust of the main characters in my video due to the colour red's meaning and the story line of the film Submarine itself, Finally another reference could be made to the film Schindlers List which would be a Danger reference, the girl is extremely iconic in the film due to a technique used were the only colour in the film is her coat, also she is in huge danger in Nazi Germany due to the oppressive regime and anger shown towards people of Jewish dissent during Hitlers rein, there is also a air of mystery about the girl as nothing is said of her in the film just imaging,The context of this within my video is the danger/mystery of the female character.





I also want to try and recreate some iconic shots from Submarine as well as some from other music videos in my genre to tie into the narrative, these will be selected from the following videos:




No comments:

Post a Comment