Thursday 31 January 2013

Final Ancillary Texts - Promotional Poster & Website

I have carried the same theme which I had developed from my video onto my ancillary texts, The magazine advert I have made using same colour scheme and has design cues from the album cover to create a consistent style. Although the task only requests for one of the two choices; Poster or Website as well as a digipak I have also mocked up a website to show how the house style and colour scheme of my release could be carried over onto other platforms.

A4 Magazine advert:
I had looked at real magazine album adverts from NME for bands such as Stone Roses and Stereophonics  for inspiration and have used conventions from these such as magazine quotes and star ratings as well as the band web address and record company logo's.

Below is an example of how the advert would look in a magazine such as NME or Q as well as a bus stop advert mock up:


I have also created a band website homepage just to show how I would carry on the consistent theme by using the established colour scheme as well as using the same fonts (Apple Garamond Light & Bebas Neue), I have posted some screenshots of the site homepage below. Click here to actually go to the site.

On the site I have made a large advert for the bands new album to promote through the digital platform as well as the magazine advert, I have also kept the black color scheme and the band logo to build a brand for the group.

Homepage:




No comments:

Post a Comment