Wednesday 6 February 2013

Features of my video

For the two verse sections in my song I have created a typewriter effect writing the lyrics using Screedbot (http://wigflip.com/screedbot/); an animated scrolling typewriter text generator, I then saved this as a .gif (Shown below) and filmed it playing with a video camera on my laptop,I then put this footage on the editing suite and cut it into several parts and adjusted the speed of each so as the lyrics are typed it is in time with the song.

















Another effect I spent a lot of time perfecting was the use of scenes from the film submarine, I felt use of this inspirational media text would help bring across the narrative of my video, even to people who haven't seen the film, to do this I set up a camera filming my laptop as I played certain scenes from the film and then heavily edited them on the editing suite, the use of these scenes is a example of inter textual referencing something I have really thought about as all modern pieces of media whether it be a TV drama or a music video use inter textual referencing to reinforce their points and add depth, so the use of the submarine clips and the fact I had my female model wear a bright red hat also adds links to texts such as Little red riding hood, Schindlers List, Snow white among many others for varying reasons including connotations of temptation,love/lust,danger, I think the use of these really adds credibility and authenticity to my video as referencing to other texts is a technique used by professional videos and also shows I haven't just gone out with a camera and filmed some people who have just turned up with no real meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment